Enjoy beautiful Easter lilies and palm crosses this Easter while supporting the Franciscan Monastery Garden Guild. Click here or stop by the Franciscan Monastery visitor center or gift shop to pre-order your lilies and crosses.
Enjoy a $1 pre-order discount if ordered and paid for by April 4 (just $8 for pick-up April 8 or 9, or $7 if donated to the monastery). This is a beautiful way to share the Easter season with loved ones or to remember them in your prayers. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-967-0958.
Join us on Saturday, March 18, 9:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m., in the Greenhouse upper room (woodhouse) for an update on our projects, what’s ahead and the greenhouse status. Garden tour docent training will follow immediately afterward (11 a.m.-1 p.m.). Contact Pat Cunniff if you are interested in being a docent this summer.
Vegetable, Herb & Flower Seed Planting in the Greenhouse
Wednesdays & Saturdays in March, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Get a start on spring! Join Franciscan Monastery Garden Guild members as we prepare for the April 29-30 Herb and Plant Sale and our own vegetable garden planting. For more information, email email@example.com.
Easter Lily & Palm Cross Sale – Flyer Stuffing
Saturday, March 4, 10 a.m.-12 noon
The Easter Lily & Palm Cross Sale is one of our biggest annual events. Enjoy a couple of hours with friends and help us stuff envelopes with flyers and tribute postcards. Download your own here.
Saturday, March 18, 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
The meeting will be in the greenhouse (upper room).
Garden Tour Training
Saturday, March 18, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Please contact Pat Cuniff if you are interested in volunteering to lead our Saturday garden tours (April – September).
SAVE THE DATE:
- April 1: Garden tours begin, 11 a.m. and noon (held every Saturday through September)
- April 1: Palm Cross Workshop, 11 a.m.
- April 8-9: Annual Easter Lily & Palm Cross Sale (set up on April 7)
- April 14: Good Friday – Monastery Outdoor Stations of the Cross
- April 15: Decorate the Monastery church with Easter lilies
- April 16: Monastery Easter Sunrise Mass in the Lourdes Grotto
- April 29-30: Annual Herb and Plant Sale
- May 3: Outdoor vegetable gardening begins (Wednesdays & Saturdays, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- May 13: Annual Franciscan Monastery Garden Guild Open House