Join us on Saturday, March 18, 9:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m., in the Greenhouse upper room (woodhouse) for an update on our projects, what’s ahead and the greenhouse status. Garden tour docent training will follow immediately afterward (11 a.m.-1 p.m.). Contact Pat Cunniff if you are interested in being a docent this summer.
Vegetable, Herb & Flower Seed Planting in the Greenhouse
Wednesdays & Saturdays in March, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Get a start on spring! Join Franciscan Monastery Garden Guild members as we prepare for the April 29-30 Herb and Plant Sale and our own vegetable garden planting. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easter Lily & Palm Cross Sale – Flyer Stuffing
Saturday, March 4, 10 a.m.-12 noon
The Easter Lily & Palm Cross Sale is one of our biggest annual events. Enjoy a couple of hours with friends and help us stuff envelopes with flyers and tribute postcards. Download your own here.
Saturday, March 18, 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
The meeting will be in the greenhouse (upper room).
Garden Tour Training
Saturday, March 18, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Please contact Pat Cuniff if you are interested in volunteering to lead our Saturday garden tours (April – September).
SAVE THE DATE:
- April 1: Garden tours begin, 11 a.m. and noon (held every Saturday through September)
- April 1: Palm Cross Workshop, 11 a.m.
- April 8-9: Annual Easter Lily & Palm Cross Sale (set up on April 7)
- April 14: Good Friday – Monastery Outdoor Stations of the Cross
- April 15: Decorate the Monastery church with Easter lilies
- April 16: Monastery Easter Sunrise Mass in the Lourdes Grotto
- April 29-30: Annual Herb and Plant Sale
- May 3: Outdoor vegetable gardening begins (Wednesdays & Saturdays, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- May 13: Annual Franciscan Monastery Garden Guild Open House
Feb. 4, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.*
Learn how to make a hot process traditional soap (with tallow) or a pure vegetarian soap in this popular workshop with the Franciscan Monastery Garden Guild. You’ll also learn about the history of soap making, what makes a great soap and the proper processes.
The $25 workshop fee/family includes all materials plus a bar of fresh soap to take home. RSVP to email@example.com by Feb. 1; checks can be made out to “FMGG.” We will meet at the Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land in America, St. Bonaventure Conference Room.
*Please note: there will be a one-hour lunch break while the soap cooks